The principle of Education School Level curriculum (KTSP) Development. In the previous I already described the The principle of implementation Education Unit Level Curriculum (KTSP) In Indonesia, here I would like to continue my writing on The principle of Education School Level curriculum (KTSP) Development.
|The principle of Education School Level curriculum|
The point of Education School Level Curriculum development is not allowed to develop this curriculum freely without refer to the principles of Education School Level Curriculum (KTSP) Development. so the teachers who want to develop this curriculum (KTSP) should refer to the principle of Education School Level Curriculum Development. Here are the following of the principles of Education School Level Curriculum Development as mentioned by Mansnur Muslich (2008:11):
(Read The Principle of Implementation Educational Unit Level Curriculum (KTSP)
(1) Centered on the potential, progress, needs and interests of learners and their environment.
The curriculum was developed based on the principle that learners have a central position to develop the competence to become a man of faith and duty to God Almighty, noble, healthy, knowledgeable, competent, creative, independent, and become citizens of a democratic and responsible. To support the achievement of these goals competency development, the curriculum designed referred to learners' potential, progress, needs and interests of learners and the demands of the environment. It’s means that learning activities is centered on the learner
(2) Diverse and integrated. The curriculum was developed by taking into value the diversity of learners' characteristics, local conditions, levels and types of education, and respect and not discriminating against religious differences, ethnic, cultural, customs, socio-economic status, and gender. The curriculum includes compulsory substance of components of the curriculum, such as local content, and integrated development, and arranged continuity meaningful and appropriate among the elements.
(3) Responsive to the development of science, technology and art, curriculum was developed based on the Consciousness that science, technology and art developed dynamically. So that, the spirit and content of the curriculum gives students a learning experience to follow and take advantage of developments in science, technology, and art
(4) Relevant to the needs of life. Curriculum development carried out by involving stakeholders to guarantee the relevancy of education to the needs of life, including social life, business world and the world of work. Therefore, the development of personal skills, thinking skills, social skills, academic skills, and vocational skills is essential.
(5) Comprehensive and sustainable. The substance of the curriculum covers all dimensions of competence, the field of scientific study and subjects who are planned and presented continuously in all education level.
(6) Life long learning. The curriculum is directed to the development process, familiarization, and the empowerment of learners for a lifetime. The curriculum reflects the connection between the elements of formal education, and informal with respect to conditions and demands of environment and the direction of the whole human development
(7) Balance between national interests and regional interests. It means a curriculum that was developed suitable to the national education goals, where education which is conducted to create human beings who love the country, has an extensive knowledge to reach the standard of living better, without ignoring the values in their respective areas
Education School Level Curriculum Components
Here is the following Education School Level Curriculum Components:
- The objective of Education School Level Curriculum
- The structure of substance Education School Level
- Education Calendar
- Syllabus and Teaching planning program
However in developing Education School Level Curriculum, we should have referred to the following rules:
- The principle of Education School Level Curriculum development,
- The Principle of Content Standard
- The principle of syllabus development and stages of its’ development
- The development of teaching completion and assessment and graduation system.