We know that Borobudur temple is the biggest temple in the world and it is become one of world wonders. Many visitors from all around the world visit this temple because of the unique structure, history and the beauty of the building of the building. This temple has attracted people from all around the world because of it’s beauty and it’s history.
grateful to UNESCO for maintain this amazing masterpiece. Beautiful,
Nature and magnificent, those words are very appropriate to describe the
temple. Many people even the visitor appreciates this temple as it’s one of the
wonders of the world.
· Aspecially for a foreigner, they should pay “premium” entrance fees unless you have a temporary residency card, the cost for foreigner is IDR 220.000 or it is about AUD 22.00 per person. For the Local people and the KITAS holders they only pay IDR 30.000 or it is about AUD $3.00.
· Don’t miss Plan to enjoy sunrise at 4.00am – 5.00am, because you will not see anything better sunrise than sunrise in Borobudur). You may get the Borobudur Sunrise/Sunset ticket from the Manohara Hotel, normaly you will get some souvenirs come a long with a ticket and it includes a tea/coffee set. The foreigner visitors have to pay about IDR 380.000 per person it is about AUD $38.00, for Domestic Visitors it is cost only IDR 250.000/person or about AUD $25.00 and if you want to stay at the hotel you only need to pay IDR 230.000 per person or about AUD $23.00 (domesticc and foreigner).
· Don not forgets to visit a Borobudur museum, it is located east of the temple, it called called The Karmawibhangga Archaeological Museum. You will see 4,000 of the original stones and carvings from the temple around the meuseum, including the huge collection of Buddha statue.
· Riding on The elephant. On may visiting there (January 2015) the cost was IDR 50.000/person or AUD $5.00. It was not long distance butit enough to make your children or yourself excited.
· Train ride. In January 2015 the cost was IDR 7.500 or AUD $ 0.75. The train was just a loop ride around the temple.
· Bring a hat and or an umbrella. Or if you have to rent the umbrella.
· Bring a bottle of water a long, because the price of a bottle of water around the Borobudur is expensive.
· Get a good tourism guide if you want to know more about the story of Borobudur.
· It common that local people like taking picture with the foreigner especially from western country, so prepare yourself for taking photograph with them by setting the limit, otherwise you will stay there all the day long.
· Never paying full price for anything need at the market around the temple, you have to pay only a quarter of what they offered.